Thursday, 18 September 2014

Preliminary - Evaluation

Evaluation -
I am happy with my magazine front cover and designed it to appeal to a mature audience, making the magazine look smart, and like an easy read to appeal to students.
I decided to use a photo of two students looking smart, watching a rugby match. I used this to show that the school has fun parts to it, for example sports. The smartly dressed, but fashionable students show the uniform rules being followed in the sixth form to make the dress code seem like a good feature as the students look attractive.
My title, SFL (Sixth Form Life) shows exactly what the magazine is about. By referring to the sixth form as a lifestyle, it shows that it has to be enjoyable. I used dim colours to show a calm atmosphere.
The photograph I used of the students on the stairs shows happy facial expression which is appealing when buying a magazine or applying to a sixth form college.
I used Adobe Fireworks to put together my magazine as I felt it was a good tool to use and had many editing features to make a magazine look better. I found the software easy to use and I found blogger really helpful to upload my work.
Overall I am happy with my article and my planning, but next time I will spend more time on photography and do a draft of exactly the magazine I want to produce, so my outcome will be better and more attractive.


Comparing my two magazines, (my draft and my final cover) I am more happy with the actual cover because it looks more professional and I like the way I have laid it out. Using Fireworks and Adobe Indesign allowed me to produce an attractive magazine cover.

I stuck to deadlines and managed to create an article cover than I am happy with, but next time I will spend more time on desining an attractive draft.

Also, next time I may use a wider range of colours to show a happier atmosphere and make the magazine look more striking and eyecatching.

No comments:

Post a Comment