Written words of magazine article – Planning:
Mason
Skye, 21 from Oxfordshire UK is a new, stylish upcoming artist
Skye
originally performed in pub and at events, but was eventually discovered and
scouted at a local charity event. Skye plays guitar, both acoustic and
electric, harmonica and has been singing since he was a child!
Mason
originally started recording music at home, and performing
Music
at pubs and clubs and charity events to raise money and awareness for his
favourite charities.
He donates money he raises to
charities.
As
a young breakthrough artist, coming out as a new artist would have been hard,
so after luckily being scouted at a charity event in Oxfordshire.
As
a child, Mason had many hobbies. Other than sport. He took up guitar and piano
as his first instruments and began lessons when he was 6 years old. By the time
Skye was 15 he had recorded and uploaded his first solo performance to the web.
He created his own blog and started uploading music. The blog is still
available online at :
www.MasonSkyeOfficial.co.uk/music
After
uploading audio tracks and people around the country downloading, he started a
youtube account and had over 10,000 subscribers in the first year. After the
10,000 subs, confidence started to build and he started performing around his
area. “I was nervous at first, but then I
realised that it was what I enjoyed the most”
-
Mason Skye at a 2014 interview
After Skye started performing, he
was scouted at a local charity event in Oxfordshire, when raising money for a
charity of his choice.
After his first UK tour, performing in Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Oxford, London, Reading and many more, Skye is starting to make quite a name for himself. He recently has been recording a new album at Abbey Road. The album is expected to be released in early 2015. “It’s one of my more creative albums, there will be
special guests featuring too” - Skye
talking on Radio 1 about his upcoming
album and tours. “I expect to be
travelling around the world performing in new and exiting locations soon. That
is a dream come true”. Upcoming tour dates will be released in further released of Unplugged.
- Review by Ben Daniels,
Unplugged: Acoustic “This is the most exiting part of my life.. so far, I cannot wait for it to get more exiting as the years go on. I have already had the chance to experience far more than most 21 year old guys already and I am so glad that I am doing what I love to do” “Most 21 year old's have hobbies, some like mine, playing music. The difference between me and them is that I never gave up until I reached what I wanted. I had support from all my family and friends. I cannot thank them enough” - Skye
No comments:
Post a Comment